For me, the joys of grilling involve grilling vegetables. The leftover grilled vegetables are perfect for the next day’s meal (or meals). This recipe is inspired by the Korean steamed egg dish, Gyeranjjim 계란찜 – but instead of steaming it, just use your dutch oven. Much easier!
- Grilled vegetables (or any leftovers that you want to revive which will be good in an omelette)
- 3 Eggs
- Water, equal amount to the eggs
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika (optional, but I like paprika in eggs.)
- Dutch oven (this is what I personally own)
- Korean Clay pot with cover (Only if you have one, if not, then dutch oven.)
- Stick Blender (optional, but the eggs are smoother with the use of a blender.)
- Beat eggs with equal amount of water. If you’re feeding more people, add more. Set aside.
- In the dutch oven, pour a small amount of oil and saute the grilled vegetables in medium heat until it’s heated up.
- Add egg and water mixture to pot, turn heat to lowest setting. Cover and let the dutch oven do its magic.
- Leave it alone, checking about every 5 mins. Should be ready in about 15-20 mins. You’ll find it to be “wet” and will have water on top. This is okay. Let it rest for another 10 mins covered. It should look similar to the photo below after it has rested.
- Serve with bread & cheese or fried rice!