It’s been a while – a long while since I’ve blogged. About four years, and change. It’s pretty funny how things come about, really. I’ve been planning this relaunch for about four months, but life happens. And here we are – I’ve got my own url, and a new look!
At home, I am happiest cooking in the kitchen – and this is true with any home I end up at. This dish above is a result of the contents of my friend’s refrigerator. A bunch of asparagus and a bag of onions. Our laziness was unparallelled, hence I offered to make something and had it with some scambled eggs, and bread and cheese.
- Bunch of Asparagus, cut into equal lengths
- One Medium Onion, cut into rings
- Olive Oil / Or any type of oil you have (no need to be fancy)
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional, but makes a world of difference)
- A shot of water (or any type of sweet wine, I used white port here)
- Frying Pan
- Something to cover it (An actual cover or a huge metal bowl – whichever works / available to you)
- Heat up the pan, add olive oil
- Add onions, fry until semi caramelized.
- Add asparagus, saute until halfway done.
- Add shot of water (or wine)
- Cover, and let the veggies finish steam cooking in wine
- Take out of pan, finish off with balsamic vinegar
- Drink the rest of the wine
Many thanks to a former colleague who has convinced me to bring this back to life. To new beginnings, and a wonderful life of good eating, cheers!