I am a liver lover – much to the chagrin of a lot of my friends. Most of the time when there is liver on the menu, i squee like a little girl presented with a warm chocolate cupcake.
Weird, I know.
Liver is one of those things that is in the absolute yech list. I have seen friends make faces at the word “liver.” More for me, then.
Last year, I had the chance to travel to France, and I was happy to hit up the delicatessens and taste some handmade artisanal pate made with foie gras. I’m sure it’s just common there – but “handmade artisanal” seems to be a trend here in the US.
In memory of the cans of foie gras pate I brought home, here’s a video of a sure win appetizer to your liver lover friends that will cost you no more than $5.00, minus the baguette, of course.
- A tub of Chicken Liver from the supermarket. My store sells them in half-pint containers. Get the smallest one you can buy. (The one i got was less than $2!!!)
- Medium Onion
- Cloves of garlic
- Black whole peppercorns
- Whole Bay Leaves, about 2-3. They are also known as Laurel Leaves.
- Soy Sauce (about 1/4 cup) – I use the Filipino kind.
- Vinegar (about 1/4 cup) – Regular white vinegar is okay. Just don’t use balsamic for cooking. I’m using cane vinegar from the Ilocos Region that’s why it is black.
- Sugar, about 1Tbsp – you can adjust this as you wish.
- Cooking Oil, about 1-2 Tbsp
- Food Processor or Blender
This is my first ever video post! Let me just say that cooking while holding a video camera is not easy!!!
Thank you for watching.